Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friday night



Pete and I went to Pizza Hut and to the movies last night. We left after he got home from work (around 4pm) and then got stuck waiting for the bus for ages. So when we got to Basildon we really had to rush to get to the festival leisure park (sarcastically known as Bas-Vegas) in time to get pizza and make the movie. I was far more excited about eating Pizza Hut's cheesy bites Hawaiian pizza than making the movie (I haven't had pizza in 2 months due to the diet). We managed to eat in good time, without rushing, and then went to see the movie. I wasn't sure what to expect from The Holiday, but after a slow start and probably a bit too much background on the part of Kate Winslet's character, it turned out to be the quintessential holiday movie. It isn't exactly an Oscar winner but if you're looking for a bit of fluff to inspire a rather dull January, this movie is for you. I give it 8 out of 10 buckets of popcorn.

No comments: