Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Great British Summer...Again?

Yes, it's official, I'm becoming more British every day because all I seem to think about this the weather. Well not really, but it seemed to be the easiest topic to start off this post. Today was an absolutely beautiful day - sunny, probably around 70F, with a bit of a breeze. But this comes after a few weeks of nothing but grey rainy days that opitimized traditional British weather. As I said in my last post, the weather was lovely in April, so many believed that perhaps the country had used up all its summer weather then. But it's back again!

In other news, my contract at work was extended to 6 months, so that my job will probably end when the British summer does (at the end of August). I'm not 100% happy in my job, it's ok but it's not what I ideally want to do forever, so I've been applying for a few jobs and have at least one hopeful response.

Something not weather related, after around 6 months going to Slimming World meetings and following the food optimizing plan, I've lost 20lbs in total! Considering I put on 10lbs after I moved here, I think that's pretty good :) I still have a way to go but it's a start :)

No comments: