Sunday, October 18, 2009

Feeling Autumnal

So it's Sunday, it's October, the weather is getting colder and the clocks are going back soon to give us another hour in bed and another hour of darkness. It's also the time for crunching on fallen leaves, drinking hot chocolate and almost time for the seasonal flavours in Starbucks. I love this time of year!

It's about the newness of winter approaching. Summer is gone (whatever that is in this country) and winter is on it's way. My travels to and from London for McGuire related festivities are now being done in the dark. I'm finding London contacts especially difficult in the dark, who wants to be stopped by people in the dark? But it's a challenge nonetheless. Speaking of contacts, I missed this past session because I was so tired I literally couldn't have stayed up for the journey there and back (I was asleep by 8:30pm). Also, Pete was given the festive boot by his company (aka the crap kingdom) on Thursday as well. So now he is out of work.

The prospect of Pete being out of work would have scared my sh*tless a few months ago, but with the newness of winter approaching, I think we both know it's for the best. Although, this throws a major wrench (or spanner) in the works for things like a car and a place of our own. Oh well...no one said it was easy.

All in all, I'm feeling very autumnal myself. Trying to get rid of all the dead leaves in my system (negative thoughts, paranoia, unneeded stress) and focus on being generally a lot cooler and chilled. It's difficult for me, being under the cloud of out of control stammering for so long and the iceberg of negative crap that it entails. But, although I'm still really transitional, I think I'm on the way up.

Now...if only Starbucks would bring out their gingerbread latte already...

PS I am also making an effort to get back into reading. (Reading none McGuire stuff, because, well I have a life outside McGuire...of course I do...)

Pete bought me this book a few months ago, after we saw it in HMV and a resisted the urge to buy it for myself:Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I've only just started it, but it's just what I need. A classic tale with added gore, just in time of Halloween.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to get that book too, do you like it so far? What is your job exactly again? What did Pete do? Damn companies!!!