Sunday, January 17, 2010

2010...

I had a half decade write-up in draft mode on this blog since before the strike of midnight on the 31st of December 2009. But, alas, I haven't finished it. I don't usually abandon things left un-done; but this time I think it's a bit counterproductive.

The decade that encompassed the "noughties," (a term I hate), had a lot of ups and downs for me. The ups are that I: fell in love, endured a long distance relationship, graduated high school and college, travelled back and forth to the UK and a few other places, met some great people, laughed a lot, made some lifelong friends, and finally started doing something about my speech. The downs are that: I lost quite a few people I loved, and still love. Some of these losses were anticipated and the realization of others blew all anticipation out of the water. I've cried and mourned a lot in the latter part of the last decade.

But I've persevered. The last decade brought challenges not only to me personally, but to world as a whole. We've faced natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and a war that is still very much on-going.

This new year, this new decade, has also brought the realization that some things never change; or that the world is always changing. There will always be natural disasters like the earthquake in Hiati, there will always be people to mourn.

So, why do I feel more optimistic now than I ever have? I suppose knowing that I've come out the other side of some really tough situations gives me hope for the future.

I am going to make this my year. I'm going to put in 110% into everything and see where life takes me. As a very wise person said to me recently, just wing it and hope for the best.

4 comments:

Great said...

nice to hear your thoughts

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.

Home Tuition said...

GRADUATE HOME TUITION is a registered business in Singapore and Hong Kong that has an extensive network of dedicated and experienced home tutors.

Animation courses, Animation institute, Animation education said...

MAAC is India's leading educator in high-end 3D Animation and Visual effects. Founded in 2001, MAAC has trained over 30000 students across the country.