Or, how a Florida girl can survive without any sunlight...
As January finally dies a slow death, I thought it was appropriate to take note of what I need to do at the beginning of every year to beat the listlessness of a grey and cold start of the year in England.
1. Eat all remaining Christmas chocolate, including random Christmas recipe ingredients that never made the final cut.
2. Drink copious amounts of coffee, both normal and luxury Starbucks to ensure energy levels are always high.
3. Spend time working on your challenging situations and delight in little triumphs.
4. Have some quality time with people you like, mainly this includes the husband.
5. Slap a smile on your face and try to ignore negative comments from the people you don't like. This includes avoiding falling prey to The Starter of Arguments.
6. Delight in yourself being extraordinary.
7. Remember what you have, don't dwell on what you WANT.
8. Do one thing every day to make your dreams happen, this may negate the first point, if your dream is to finally reach your goal weight.
9. Be assertive, you're American, people expect it.
10. Laugh at every thing you find funny, laughter is the best medicine after all.
Speaking of laughter, the following photo makes me laugh and miss my little brothers in an odd, nostalgic way. Come and visit me freak boys!