Friday, August 11, 2006

Just My Luck

I was originally going to fly to London yesterday, but when booking my ticket I realized 1) it was probably too soon to book that date and 2) STA travel was being a pain and their website wasn't working and 3) I wanted the extra week to pack. I can only imagine what chaos it would have been traveling yesterday, but thankfully I didn't have to. I am, however, traveling a week from today. Actually this time next week I'll be (hopefully) on the plane and bound for London Gatwick (ah once again I'm glad I never fly into Heathrow!) So, because of new regulations I've been repacking my suitcases, well, that and because I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. I'm bringing an extra bag (yup paying the excess baggage fee of ::gulp: around $100) and at least one of my other bags are over the 50 lb. limit (thank you airlines for LOWERING the limit in April!) so I'll be paying the "I'm too important to listen to the rules" fee of $35 on each case I'm thinking. This moving stuff is getting expensive.

No comments: