Brrr its cold outside tonight all of a sudden. Well it wasn't too warm today and it rained a good deal in the morning, then it got sunny and nice, then it got cold when the sun went down. Feels very wintery and nice ;) They had Thanksgiving dinner in the dining hall tonight - yummy! Had apple pie and ice cream for dessert mmmm. I got these interesting facts in email from a girl that I went to HS with:
1. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
2. Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a bellybutton.
3. A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 yrs.
4. People do not get sick from cold weather; it's from being indoors a lot more.
5. When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop - even your heart!
6. Only 7 per cent of the population are lefties.
7.. 40 people are sent to the hospital for dog bites every minute.
8. Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until they are 2 - 6 years old..
9. The average person over fifty will have spent 5 years waiting in lines. (If married, a lot longer!)
10. The toothbrush was invented in 1498.
11. The average housefly lives for one month.
12.. 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.
13. A coat hanger is 44 inches long when straightened.
14. The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute.
15. Your feet are bigger in the afternoon than the rest of the day.
16. Most of us have eaten a spider in our sleep.
17. The REAL reason ostriches stick their head in the sand is to search for water.
18. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning it's head are the rabbit and the parrot.
19. In most television commercials advertising milk, a mixture of white paint and a little thinner is used in place of the milk.
20. Prince Charles and Prince William NEVER travel on the same airplane just in case there is a crash.
21. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle built in 1903 used a tomato can for a carburetor.
22. Most hospitals make money by selling the umbilical cords cut from women who give birth. They are reused in vein transplant surgery.
23. Humphrey Bogart was related to Princess Diana. They were 7th cousins.
24. If coloring weren't added to Coca-Cola, it would be green.