Friday, October 21, 2005

Why I'm an English Major

I don't usually post specific stuff about my college on here, but one of my professors just got her book published! Its a major accomplishment anyway but I feel like I'm in on the inside story because she's told us about the publishing process for the past year in her classes.

Sometimes I get frustrated being and English major, because as everyone says: "What can you do with that?" But I like reading and being in the presence of intellectuals. Sure the never-ending papers are annoying, and one cannot know the MLA Handbook enough. It's times like these that I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile...and thats a good feeling.

Anyway, here it is if anyone is interested in looking at it: Reading the Bronte Body: Disease, Desire, and the Constraints of Culture

No comments: