Sunday, July 06, 2003

Bored in Essex


I've been here little over a week and now I'm bored out of my mind. Don't get me wrong - I love being with Pete and just hanging out with him but I wish there was more we could do that didn't cost a fortune and was relatively close to here. I can hear the voices in my head saying "Why don't you go to London ? " Hmph thing is theres not too much to do in London that we haven't done already (this being my 5th time here.) Plus its £10 each for the travel card to get there, back and ride the tube around during the day. The fact of the matter is there is NOTHING worth doing in Essex - that doesn't include drinking all night and puking your brains out (which Pete and I are not into.) So here I sit at Pete's friend's house while he plays video games which he could do at home but we just needed to get out of the house. My money should go through Pete's bank by tomorrow hopefully (I had to convert it and it took a few business days to go through - why ? I have no idea.) If it does come in tomorrow we're going back to Basildon town centre/mall for some shopping :) I saw a lot of cute tops in NEXT the last time we were there :)

Haha little Essex joke for everyone ( I doubt anyone who hasn't lived in Essex will undertstand it but here it goes..)

What's an Essex girl's favo(u)rite wine ?

Answer: "Can we go to Lakeside?" (Lakeside is the closest big mall around - which we might go to on Friday.)

Hmmmm thus the boredom continues... Pete will be working on Tues and Weds this week so I might just hang around or go to the highstreet... maybe do my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs then. I haven't done it since I've been here - though we have been walking a lot as Pete doesn't have a car ;)

No comments: