Friday, July 04, 2003

Happy 4th of July

Because Pete's bday is the day before America's independence day, I have only been in the US for once 4th of July since 1999 Ooops hehe. Not that I'm not proud of my country, I'm just not really an overly patriotic person - I was actually going to bring this little American flag door hanger pillow to put on Pete's door for today buy I forgot to pack it. Hmph. I know I need to take the little June angel off the right side and add the July one but I seemed to have forgotten my username for lycos grrr.

Thanks for all the bday wished for Pete :) He had a good day. I got him this ring and a Battle of Britain DVD from a local shope here. We went to Basildon (nearby town centre/mall), there wer had some KFC ( I had the Zinger twister which they don't have in the US - it was good but I prefer the orginial twister.) Then we went to go see Anger Management at the local cinema. Its rather new out here and its the one of the few that both of us wanted to see and that I hadn't seen - it was really funny! Then we came back home and ordered chinese yummy!

Last night on the phone I also told my mom that Pete and I are engaged ;) It was really funny and she was all happy for us and immediately told my dad - I thought that she would wait until after I got off the phone to tell him but she didn't hehe. He got on the phone and was very sweet. :) SO now she has been spreading the news hehe. She also mentioned about us going out for a great wedding dress hehe though it will be a rather long engagement (probably about 3 years.) Thene she phoned up close to midnight and we were sleeping, but I got up and answered it as I thought it might be her or my sister. She wanted Pete's address (which I know she has somewhere.)

This morning we got up early to go to the dentist (Pete had an appt for a check up.) One of the recpetionists actually lives next-door-but-one (hehe I love that phrase) to Pete's parents and is a friends of the family so we had a chat with her and she introduced me to the other receptionists as "Julie from America." Hehe. After that we shopped around the town and I got a new assignment/calender book (UK diary) at WH Smiths ( I LOVE that store!) Its pink and has little cows on it and says "Mad" on it hehe. We also got some drinks and "American style cookies" hehe. Its funny how "american" food is always labelled as such with stars and stripes on the front hehe. Well thats about i for now. BTW I approved those who applied to join my msn group :)

No comments: