Monday, July 14, 2003

Hello. As I've adapted my title to my 'Essex Experience' I might as well posts about my experience. This is my 5th time coming here, every time it changes. This is the first time that Pete has had to work full days with me here (except for the holiday time he got off - this week he's off Thurs and Friday.) I feel rather housewife-ish. Which I'm not sure I like very much hehe (no offense to house wives - its just not my thing) - but in another way I like it. I'm sure I would like ti more if Pete and I had our own place, not that I don't love Pete's parents house but its not 'ours' and a feel a bit weird doing too much around the house. I do hand up and take down the washing from the line. Like most Americans, I have a drier at home, we used to have a line outside and would air-dry our clothes when I was little. I always loved it, and doing it here has been nice and rather quaint/domestic. Other than house work - I'm not up to much when Pete's at work. Usually when Pete's not working we're watching the telly or DVD's and having gone shopping a few times (which usually ends up resulting in us having no money left lol.) Yesterday we went to the park around the back from Pete's house and brought the football (soccer ball) and kicked it around a bit. There was a basketball hoop screwed to the cement fall that we were kicking the ball against - only the hoop and it was rather old (I know it was there two years ago when I was last here for the summer.) We ended up trying to use the football as a basket ball and only a made a few shots. Pete has an old basket ball so we decided to come back home and pump it up and go back and play a bit - it sucked though as its about 10 years old hehe.

This morning I watched BBC One for a few hours, which I love. Then I did my WATP for Abs 3 mile walk, took in the washing from the line, took a shower, got dressed, put the other washing up outside then went to into town. I got Babyville and Mr. Maybe both by Jane Green. I actually saw Babyville in the St.Louis airport on my stop over there but it was $20 so I didn't get it. I only got Mr. Maybe because WH Smiths was having a special on a lot of their books - 2 for £10 - and after about half an hour of looking I decided on that one. Actually when I was there an older woman (about 50-60ish) was looking at bookes and having the same problem as me - finding another one as there were so many. She recommended a book to me...I dunno if she realized by my 'accent' that I was American but she didn't mention it and neither did I. I then wnet to the grovery store and got some more Posh Noodles (yummy) and a few more bits.

I have a few pics from the BBQ but I couldn't add them to my MSN Group earlier bc Pete's dad's comp was being a pain. Grrr. Thanks for the Tags about Pete's uncle - he actually lives in Australia and has so for about 20 years I guess so Pete's barely remembers him and was mainly upset for his dad's sake as he was the closest brother to Pete's dad (he has a total of 5 brothers and one sister.) Anyway Pete's dad isn't religious or anything so I doublt there will be a memorial service here - as the funeral is in Australia. In more brighter news - Pete and I got a little pressie from Pete's Nan - its a little framed thing of Chinese writing and it says something about love (she ccouldn't remember the exact wording) and at the bottom is says 'Love' and under it says 'Peter & Julie' (she wanted it the other way around but they did it that way.) I just got it a few mins ago from Pete's mum so it'll be nice to show Pete when he gets in. Well best be off !

No comments: