Sunday, September 12, 2004

Hello hello blog world.

Not to much to report on this end, had one day of classes (Thursday) but it seems like a lot more! Yesterday I went to my first publication workshop - pretty much a class that meets once a week to suppliment for the college newspaper. I have to say that I don't really think I like newspaper journalism, which is interesting considering that's the basis of my communications major. Whatever. I just want to get out of school and you can't really do much with an English degree so that's why I have two majors. But I like English much more, and today I spent the better part of the day reading Wuthering Heights, which was pretty good but I much prefer "Jane Eyre" if I have to pick a Bronte work to love.

My other consuming hobby is tracking hurricane Ivan, which is the 3rd hurricane that will effect the state in a little over a month - can I scream WTF????!!!!!!!! If this has taught me anything it is that.... when my future mother in law has a disguised preminition in the form of a starky comment... I should listen to her. If I did I would be well and safe in England, putting cushions on the lawn chairs and attending 1,000 BBQ's. But some people need to suffer through higher education, and one of those people is me. I'm not complaining, and I know I'm fortunate blah blah blah. But I need a break, I need to be more laid back, enjoying life - and for 6 weeks this summer I did just that.

Speaking of laid back people, my wonderful friend Sara is not one of them. Tomorrow is her 21st birthday, and instead of accepting my offer to come and see her all way over in G-ville at UF she is going to working out her brain all day. But apparently she had a great summer at her internship doing something with marine life. Don't ask me, she keeps promising to tell me all about it but alas has not thus far. We'll be doing something in celebration of her coming of age soon though hopefully.

I think that's all I have to say, oh Pete and I ordered each other's anniversary presents today. We're getting each other DVD Boxsets for our 6th anniversary as a couple. Geez has it been that long???!!!! Wow! But the DVD's don't come out until the 21st so we won't be sending packages until well into October I think ;)

No comments: