Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Internships...

Why didn't I think of this before ?

What better way to kill two birds with one stone (figuretively)?! For awhile I've been stressing over two things: deciding on a country to live in and deciding what I am going to do with my life. Well today I came up with good plan to get started on both decisions...what for it....

I am going to look for a summer internship in... London!

Woohoo. I found one site and emailed them to get more information about their programs. It's a site that offers London internships in Media to students from around the world I guess. There would be two problems if I do end up doing it:

1) I have to take a class this summer with my college. Summer semester ends on the 18th of June. The internship program begins on the 14th. So either I will have to a) talk to communications head to see if I can take final in class early or b) talk to internship program place and see if I can start it late.

2) I will need to find money to get me from Essex to London everyday. About 20 quid a day at least for 4-5 days a week. For over 2 months! eeek.

But other than those two problems I'm really excited about it! Yay! Pete seemed excited too! He was a little protective of the idea of me being in London everyday by myself but not as bad as I though he would be hehe.

No comments: