Wednesday, March 03, 2004

What a day...

I knew today wasn't going to be a good day from the time I got up.

First I got an email back from that site I emailed for information. The internship program is like $3000. I have a real problem paying for a program in which I work for a company for free. I guess it would be cool if I didn't have a place to stay in London and had never been there before. Its a lot of money that I don't have. Also the application deadline is March 31 and I would have to have everything filled out by then and have the money. So that program won't work out.

I did find a good site for publishing internships. So I have two companies I want to send my resume and cover letter out to that are looking for interns in both NYC and London. Even if it doesn't amount to much this summer, next summer I will have more free time (as I won't have to take summer classes) and I want to be in the UK for August anyway for Pete's Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary. Also I will have more experience under my belt by then. But it doesn't hurt to get my cover letter and resume in their files.

Then I had to help out at the Sigma Tau Delta book/bake sale. This way easy enough, stand around for an hour waiting for people to buy books. Well 3pm rolled around and there was no one else there to help me bring the books back up to the 3rd floor of the main building! So I had to go to security and borrow a dolly (cart thingy), go up to the 3rd floor, get a professor to let me keep the money from the sale in his office (as I didn't know where else to put it) and put all the books in a closet. This took me 3 trips to do with 5+ boxes in total full of books. So I was not a happy bunny. Then I had ahem - female troubles - wonderful.

Now I have to go eat and come back to the library to read a chapter in Abnormal Psychology and make notecards for the test on Friday. Also have a test in Electronic Media on Monday. Great.

No comments: