Thursday, October 16, 2003

Okay...

Well I can see it now - yay. Isn't it weird how you sometimes forget how different you are from the people around you? For instance today at dinner I sat with my roommate and her old roommate and suitemate. Of course the topic got on to Pete and him being from England. Then her old suitemate started talking about "Bend it like Beckham" which I haven't seen yet but want to - as I am 'british in my head' and a total anglophile. Maybe Pete will want to rent it when he's here or if I can I might get it on dvd cheap. Anyway she started talking about how she thought it was weird to see Indian people with british accents and that she never thought about Indians immigrating to England. I guess being with Pete for so long I kinda took for granted that everyone knew stuff like that. I guess not. Interesting. Other than that I haven't been up to too much - just homework, starting to study for two midterms I have next week, and I have to start on a paper due a week from today. Pete was talking about how he really wants to move here and that any reservations he ever had about it are gone which is good. I really hope we can sort it out to get married around the time I graduate. He got his information packet from the local community college in the mail the other day so he's been looking into that. He still hasn't gotten his tickets in the mail so he called ebookers and they should be on their way to him. Oh by the way, if anyone who is a member of my MSN Group wants to see the pics from yesterday with my sister they are on there :) Best be off here. Night!

No comments: