Monday, April 07, 2003

Instead of working on my 2 papers and 3 projects I have to do within the next 2 weeks... I'm doing this:


Circle of Words

Week 13


Discovering the Momentum of Creative Movement
The body is shaped, disciplined, honored, and in time, trusted.
-Martha Graham



1. To exercise or not to exercise...that is the question. Do you exercise on a regular basis? If so, what is your schedule? If you don't, why not? In what ways do you exercise? What works best for you when it comes to loosing weight or maintaining your weight? Do you like to exercise? What excuses do you have not to exercise?

I try to exercise everyday doing my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs. I have been pretty good about keeping on a schedule since I started in mid January, but the past week or so I have only done it every other day. I also try to watch what I eat but that hasn't been to helpful lately, especially since I have to eat what they have in the dining hall here. I have lost about 6 lbs overall since January...and walked 139 miles :)

Making Peace with Your Hair
Genius is of small use to a woman who does not know how to do her hair.
-Edith Wharton

2. What kind of relationship do you have with your hair? Do you have your hair the way you want it or are you working on growing it out...or have plans to chop it all off? Do you color it, and why? Do you spend a lot of money on your hair or do you cut and/or color it yourself? How important is your hair to you ?

Me and my hair have a very open relationship. I don't bother it too much and it doesn't bother me too much. I hate blowdrying my hair so I NEVER do. Its about to my shoulders at the moment but seems very heavy and weighed down so I want to get it cut in a few weeks when I have the time to. I don't color my hair, and I don't put much in it. I do get it cut at nice salons which sometimes costs a bit but thats about it. Pete's mum is a hairdresser so I can get free haircuts when I'm in England hehe.

The Face in the Looking Glass
The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.
-Yves Saint Laurent


3. Do you dress your face up with makeup? What kinds? Do you wear makeup everyday or just on special occasions? Do you spend a lot of money on your makeup...or just buy the cheaper brands?

I wear makeup sometimes, not a lot though. The last time I wore makeup was last Weds, just because I was in the mood to. I only use a foundation/powder that comes in a tube that you draw on your face and rub it in - does anyone know what I'm talking about ? I wear lipstick but not a lot. I usually only wear make up on special occasion. Though when I'm with Pete he doesn't want to kiss me on the lips if I have lipstick on as he doesn't want it on him. I sometimes where masscara, but I have pretty long eyelashes so I don't really need it. It seems like whenever I wear foundation and eyeshadow I get all sniffly and congested so I might be allergic to something in it, which has made me stop wear it as much. I don't spend a lot of money on makeup. I do have some Clinique makeup which I got when I went to prom and stuff in HS from when we got our makeup done and we bought a lipstick or something and got a free gift with purchase.

No comments: