Sunday, April 06, 2003

Yeah so I almost got into a brawl at the grocery store earlier. Why you ask? Well you see it all started when I commented about a group of kids in front of us (us being my mom, her friend, and I) Well her friend goes on to say that kids are great etc. For some reason I don't like kids in larger amounts than two - sometimes even just one is enough. So we keep walking down the aisles, and we get to the chip aisle. There is this woman taking up the entire aisle with her cart (trolley for you brits) with her two kids. The youngest, a little boy, about two years old is wacking a balloon that his sister (who was about 5 or so) was holding with a role of wrapping paper, and I don't mean just lightly tapping it or playing around, I mean forcefully wacking it over and over again. So then I said to my mom's friend on observing this "theres a bad kid" Okay so it might have been said louder than I intended, and maybe to the mother it was offensive...but sorry...if I had kids and my little boy was wacking a balloon with a role of wrapping paper (well I would take the wrapping paper away first of all) but I would tell him to stop it. If he didn't I would give him a little slap and tell him to stop it more forcefully. Did the mother do any thing like that ? NO she just ignored it. Ok so I know I know after awhile of having two kids that do things they're told not to you might not even try to stop them, but when it's offensive to EVERYONE around you in the aisle, the polite thing to do would be to TELL THEM TO STOP. Back to the original BRAWL part. Well the mother confronts me and says "What did you say ? I heard you etc etc." At that point I just walked away and my mom's friend backed me up and explained etc. My mom's friend said the lady threatened to "kick my @$$." So yes I suppose that explains a lot about her parenting skills and demenor (sp?) in general. That was my excitement for the day ;)

No comments: