Saturday, May 10, 2003

Just tried out my new Walking DVD. It was interesting. First I did the Power Walk for 2 miles - they used weight gloves which are just what they sound like, gloves with 1 or 2 lb weighs in them, instead I tried to use my Walkaway belt as I don't have any 1 or 2 lb weights anyway, so that was interesting. I have to say I didn't really like the power walk - Leslie did this weird tapping thing - where you tap to the side with each foot - that combined with some upper body movements totally confused me as I have zero hand - eye coordination as it is! Then I did the firming - I guess it was about 25-30 minutes I'm not sure. Leslie starts off with a walk and a few kicks, then goes to stretching and balancing the upper outer thigh muscles. Then she goes onto a mat (pretty much like a yoga mat - which is really good that I didn't try this before as I just got a yoga mat for my bday even though I don't do yoga but I needed for my pilaties (sp?) dvd that i haven't really used and now for this one.) The did some more firming of the outter back thigh and backend muscles, then did inner thighs (which I need most!) very good training I think - I will feel it tomorrow I expect! She used 1 or 2 lb ankle weights - which I think my mom might have somewhere (from back when she exercised hehe) but I didn't use any because I didn't have them on me and am just starting out. I guess I give the total DVD three *** (stars) for useful firming but weird power walking hehe. Better hit the showers!

No comments: