Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Jul's Daft DIY Disasters

Yes this is a new section dedicated to my total inability to put anything together properly. For the past week I've been trying to get my dorm set up...alright you say how bad can that be ? For someone with no hand-eye co-ordination and multitude of electronics to hook up - it can be very bad indeed. The easy stuff went first - phone and computer (easy enough as they are simple to set up and the comp is even color coded.) Then on Sunday night I brought my DVD player (another easy score - color coded simplicity.) Then comes trama. I had to get a network PCI card to install into my computer (because even though its only 2 years old its a piece of crap and doesn't have one in it.) So I got that on Sunday. After a few trials I got the cover to the computer off, pushed the card thingy in, and then i had to hook up a little wire to a connection thing. The wire has a little connecter thing which is literally the size of my pinky finger nail, actually smaller...and again I have NO HAND EYE CO-ORDINATION. So I haven't been able to fit the little wire into its little place, thus the reason I am still on AOL. Grrr. Alright gets better still... I got an antenna for my TV, it didn't come with directions to hook up, but it seemed pretty easy, just hook one end of the wire to the back to the TV and the other to the antenna muck around with it a bit and maybe I'll have something to watch.Umm no. Theres this little adaptor thing that I can't find a place to put...and the antenna gets nothing but static. Fast forward to a few minutes ago...I try to put together a little shelve thingy for my bathroom. I screw the main structure together, put the baskets where they're suppose to go..all I have to do is put the wheels on. Can I do that ? Nooo I try to push them in there, the 'instructions' (ie the backside of the little picture indicates that the wheels should click in...but they don't! So here I sit, with a half put together computer, a non-working antenna, and a shelve thingy with no wheels. I give up! My mom's coming up on Thurs maybe she can help me. I'm so daft!

No comments: