Sunday, June 22, 2003

Erm Tourists

Growing up here in FL there is one thing I hate - stupid tourists. Not saying all tourists are bad or anything, especially the ones that leave good tips for the maids (in our case me and my dad.) But then there are the stupid ones. They can be in hurds or on their own, but they're still just as stupid. They run across the street from the beach to where-ever they are going without much concern about getting ran over - because they think you owe them something because they are spending their money in your town. Ugh. These stupid people also come into the office of motels and ask really stupid questions, one such conversation went on today between my uncle and a said stupid tourist:

My uncle: Hi how may I help you ?

ST: How much would it be for a room for one person ?

My uncle: that would be $60 plus tax

ST: Is that an ocean view room ?

MU: Yes, that means it is not directly on the ocean but against the main building so you have to go outside to see the ocean.

ST: Oh so you don't have any ocean fronts ?

MU: We only have one and its rented

ST: Oh. And do you have to carry your luggage up the stairs ? (Keep in mind said stairs are about 5 of them and this woman only wanted to room for a night so how much luggage could she have ??!"

MU: Ummm yes.

ST: Thank you (she exits)

Keep in mind this isn't like a really posh hotel or anything, but rather a small family own and operated motel with 10 units on the ocean. Grrr I hate people ::singing the song:: (My dad made up a "I hate people" song hehe)

Anyway such is my life - an American version of Fawlty Towers! Where I would be Polly!!

No comments: