Monday, August 04, 2003

You can go Home Again...

And I have - obviously. Yesterday we work up at about 7:30am (GMT) and took showers and got ready to go to the airport. Pete and I played another game of badmitton (sp?) before breakfast was ready. Funny how I wanted an english breakfast so much and finally got one the day I was leaving hehe. Anyway we left the house at about 9:45am. We got to the airport and waited about 45mins in the very long check-in queue for American Airlines. They had to ask my security questions and then I checked in (this is where chaos struck). Then we walked around a bit and I got Cadbury chocolate for my mom and some little bits to bring on the plane. A little before 1pm I went through the departures gate thing, wavy to Pete and his mum. I cried a little off and on all that day and the days coming up to it. Pete started getting all teary just as I was about to leave and I had to hit him to make him stop because it would only make my crying worse hehe. ;)

The flight from London to St. Louis was alright - long and boring. I arrived in St.Louis at about 5pm (CST). Then I went through to immigration, and was suppose to collect my baggage and then go through customs...but guess what ?! My big black duffle wheely bag wasn't there! :( So I talked to the airline person around and she said to tell them in Orlando when I got there. So then I went through Customs, there was a long line of people coming through so they wanted make some go through a Secondary Inspection and I was one of them - hmph. So after that I went into another queue for another security inspection before I got to go to the Gate area. I got to the gate area at about 6:15pm (CST). So I called my dad and told him I was there and I'd call him later when I was about to board. My plane was scheduled to leave at 7:47pm, first I checked the thing and it said 8:15 and then the next time it said 8:50pm! UGH ! I got some bits and pieces to snack on including some advil for my very bad headache :( I called my mom a bit before we were about to board, so she could get ready to leave for the airport. I finally boarded at about 8:30pm (CST), I really don't remember too much of the flight as by then I was dosing off from exhaustion - but it was only a little under 2 hours long so that wasn't bad. At midnight (EST) we arrived in Orlando yay! I went down to the baggage claim (not because I had any to claim - as we think its still in London - but to meet my parents.) I walked around a bit and didn't seem them so I thought I'd look about side in the part where the cars pull up...I walked a bit and saw a van that looked liked my mom's, and then she kinda jumped out of it hehe. They were actually just going to check the screen to see what time I was coming in as they called AA and they said it was suppose to come in at about 12:20 hehe. So then my mom went to the baggage desk with me and the guy said "well if its not here its probably in London, especially if you didn't pick it up in St.Louis" - Ummmm DUH!!! So he took down my info and gave us a number to call if it doesn't get delivered here today - luckily all my valuable stuff was in my carry-on but I still want my baggage!! Ugh I think next time I'll pay more and go direct on Virgin Atlantic again - I've never had these problems with them! Anyway I'm coping well being back home - guess it helps that I know Pete didn't have anymore paid holiday time so if I stayed longer I'd be in the house all day or walking down to the shops and such - basically bored out of my mind. Well best get off here. Hope everyone had a good weekend hehe. On Saturday Pete's family had a BBQ and set up the badmitton net and Pete and I played 4 or 5 times and he won all the times grrr so we played before I left yesterday and I won!! yay!! I will add pics to my MSN Groups soon! Bye!

No comments: